Known Website Issue - We are actively working to resolve an issue on the website that involves new account creation due to a recent platform upgrade.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment. All members have the right to participate in an environment that is free of discrimination, bullying and harassment – including sexual harassment. All members have the responsibility to respect one another, their opinions, and beliefs without prejudice.
No person shall create an environment that is hostile, intimidating, or offensive for any reason relating to age, sex, race, colour, religion, family status, marital status, place of origin, political belief, sexual orientation, and or a physical or mental disability.
Discrimination, Bullying and Harassment (including Sexual Harassment) can occur between members at any time and can include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demeaning jokes or “kidding” around that is clearly unwanted and or may be considered offensive by others at the time occurrence or therefore after
- Racial or ethnic slurs, comments or innuendos
- Demeaning comments about a persons ability, physical appearance, or personal situation
- Posting images, photos, cartons and emails that depict inappropriate or offensive content
- Threatening comments, yelling and or shouting
- Aggressive remarks or comments which may be considered insulting
- Intentional isolation of an individual and or group of individuals regardless of cause
- Humiliating initiation practices or rituals – also known as hazing
- Spreading malicious rumors or speaking untruths
- Calling someone derogatory names
Sexual harassment can include sexually oriented comments and or any behavior, which a person knows or reasonably ought to know, will or might make a person feel uncomfortable and or intimated. Harassment of this nature can occur to any member regardless of age, sex, race, color, religion, family status, marital status, place of origin, political belief, sexual orientation, and or a physical or mental disability.
We must promote open, honest and respectful communication and collaboration. Therefore, we recognize that the following behaviors are not Discriminatory, Bullying or Harassing in nature:
- Expressing a difference of opinion
- Offering constructive feedback and or guidance regarding an in-game behaviour
- Reasonable action taken by a staff member or supervisor relating to the management and or direction of their members which could include, but are not limited to, member transfers, unit reorganization, performance management, task assignment, and or disciplinary action
All members must promote an inclusive and welcoming environment, and therefore must:
- Not engage in any type of discrimination, bullying, and or harassment and comply with the policy as here outlined and defined at all times
- Acknowledge that all members must be held accountable for their actions regardless of rank and or roleImmediately report and escalate any occurrence of discrimination, bullying, and or harassment to a Staff Member or Command Staff member as the issue must be addressed
We will maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment through team building, open communication, mutual respect and acknowledge that:
- We are a community initially built around the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and therefore we are guided by the communities Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Professionalism and Accountability
- Any complaint of misconduct will be taken seriously, the complainant must openly discuss the matter
- Command Staff must take all reasonable steps, to address, prevent and where possible minimize, any type of discrimination, bullying and harassment